I HAVE to record another cd this year. I’ve been writing a bit with old pals like Jeff Russo from the band Tonic, and Bob Theile Jr……..both in Los Angeles, and have been trying to find some quiet afternoons where I can sit at the piano and let my mind roam free. Jill Jackson and I even started a song the other night.
Part of writing for me is getting into the right headspace. When I was alone it was very easy, but now that i’m a dad……well, there are many distractions……lovely distractions, but sometimes it is hard to find that headspace.
I use music to help me immerse into that headspace. Here are some of my choices lately.
1) “Doesn’t Have to be this Way” Alison Krauss and Union Station
2) “Landed” Ben Folds
3) “Late” Ben Folds
4) “Silver Palomino” Bruce Springsteen
5) “Trouble” Coldplay
6) “Never Say Never” The Fray
7) “Eight Feet Tall” Gabriel Mann
8) “The Moon’s a Harsh Mistress” Jimmy Webb
9) “I Miss Missing You” The Rescues
10) “Elizabeth, you were born to play that part” Ryan Adams
What are the songs that put you in that creative headspace? Comment below…….
post with your friends. By pressing the “Share this” button you can share with facebook, myspace, email, and many other methods. Thanks!